This is a good challenge to do during the Switch Off Screens challenge as you'll probably find you have a lot more free time during that one. There are so many reasons why reading more is one of the best things you can for both yourself, the planet, and your Kin.
"Books are a uniquely portable magic." - Stephen King
I agree with Mr. King - I love to read because it is absolutely magical to be transported through time and space in order to fully inhabit the lives of other people. But here are some other reasons why you should pick up a book as often as possible:
- Reading reduces stress by 68%, more effective than sleep or exercise
- Reading develops stronger analytical skills
- Reading improves memory and concentration
- Reading expands your vocabulary
- Reading increases empathy
- Reading reduces the likelihood of developing Alzheimer's and dementia
- Reading increases longevity
Ready to get started? Download the PDF for this challenge.
Related Blog Posts