learn a language
This month's challenge is to learn a new language. Whether you've already mastered seven languages or have only your mother tongue, studying a new language is good for your brain.
It's also good for that general spirit of 'kinship' that we need to see more of on this planet. Learning another language bridges divides and allows you to communicate with those whom you may never have connected with otherwise.
1. It enables travel - a new country is far less daunting if you speak some of the language.
2. It opens up a whole new world of job opportunities.
3. Learning something new is good for your brain - and fun.
4. You'll have greater sympathy for those struggling to learn YOUR language.
5. A whole new world of music, literature, art, and poetry will open up for you.
6. You'll make new friends! Befriending someone from another background makes the world smaller - in a good way.
First, pick a language!
Maybe there's a language you've always thought beautiful; maybe there's a certain country you'd love to visit.
There are a ton of languages out there - choose whatever appeals to you.
look for support
Head over to our Facebook Group for ideas and commiseration. Learning a language is hard and having a group of people tackling the same challenge helps.
Remember, the idea is to keep going with the previous challenges (listed below) at a level that you are comfortable with. Read more about how that works here.
The Final Straw
All The Colours
Eat Less Face